Casement windows provide excellent levels of thermal insulation, sound insulation and tightness against air and water. However, they cannot cover large spans, over 2,00 m wide, even in the case of a double-leaf patio door. They also require the appropriate amount of space inside, so that the window or door can be opened without barriers.
ALUMIL offers a wide range of various hinged windows and patio doors:
- Opening inwards with or without a tilt function
- Opening outwards
- Top hung windows (that open outwardly from the bottom)
- Vertical or horizontal pivot windows
- Combination of sliding and hinged window with a deflection mechanism
Pivot windows are a suitable replacement window choice for homeowners who wish to include maximum ventilation in a room. The pivot window sash is secured to the window frame by a pivot mechanism, located mid-way along opposing window sashes which attach the window sash to the frame. The window can then swing inwards either horizontally or vertically, depending on the location of the pivot mechanisms. This leaves the sash suspended in the middle of the frame, held by the opposing pivots. A replacement pivot window provides a window frame option that can open completely.
Sliding windows and doors are a very good option in case you need to cover spans which have a width larger than 1.70 m. Moreover, sliding windows are the ideal option when you have limited space around your window. Also, for large spans you can use a technologically superior lift & slide system that is much easier to slide and provides an excellent tightness against air and water, thanks to the special lift mechanism that raises the sash, allowing its rollers to glide smoothly on the rail of the frame.
Modern sliding windows and doors have come a long way and provide reliable solutions, with excellent functionality.
ALUMIL offers a wide variety of sliding or lift & slide windows and doors:
- Horizontal sliding windows – In which multiple sliding windows stand next to each other on separate sliding tracks.
- Meeting stile windows – In which two sliding windows stand on the same sliding track and are locked at their connection point in the middle.
- Pocket windows – Usually, one or two sliding windows which when opened are hidden into to the wall.
- Corner windows – Constructions in which two sliding windows make a right angle (90o) and are locked at their connection point in the corner.
Fixed windows are fixed to the wall without any closing or opening operation. In general, they are provided to transmit the light into the room. Fully glazed shutters are fixed to the window frame. This type of window is used in situations where light or vision alone is needed as no ventilation is possible through fixed window.
If there are very large spans and you want easy access to exterior areas, you can choose a folding door solution. Its main advantage is the full or partial folding of the sashes onto the side of the frame. This solution is usually preferred in professional spaces, as restaurants and cafes or in large houses, providing full freedom of movement and easy access.
To sum up, a vast amount of solutions is provided and that is why you should be careful with some details regarding each particular space. Generally, in order to choose the right type of window or door, you should take into account the following:
- The span that you would like to cover (length, width, height)
- Climate conditions of the exterior environment.
- The layout of the house and its furniture
- The access to the window or door, so as to open/close it as well as to be able to clean it inside and outside.
- The level of security you want to achieve.
Finally, having your safety and better quality of life in mind, all windows and doors can optionally be combined with insect screens, shutters and rolling shutters. ALUMIL offers a wide product range which ensures that you will find the solution that corresponds perfectly to your needs.