During this process a thin layer of aluminum oxide is created and fully integrated on the outer surface of the profiles, offering remarkable attributes to aluminum profiles such as:
- Aesthetics: Unique aesthetics that highlight the metallic nature of aluminum
- Color Stability: long lasting color preservation, as anodized surfaces have very high lightfastness and total UV resistance and are merely affected by environments conditions
- Durability: both during fabrication, handling, installation and use
- unparalleled endurance in corrosion, rendered ideal for use in strained environments, such as coastal areas, environment with high pollutants etc.
- resistance to abruption, since anodizing color is integrated inside the aluminum and is not just a layer on top of it
- resistance to scratches, as anodizing process creates a rough ceramic coating on aluminum surface
- Ease of Maintenance: Due to the all the aforementioned durability attributes of anodized profiles, the required maintenance is minimum. Simple rinsing or mild soap and water cleaning will restore an anodized surface to its original appearance, while mild abrasive cleaners can be used for more difficult deposits.
- Health and Safety: An anodized product is chemically stable, will not decompose, is non-toxic and fully recyclable.