After significant investments in the production of “green” recycled aluminium, the EPDs (Environmental Product Declarations) for integrated architectural systems and the honorary distinction “Most Sustainable Company in Greece 2022” as a company representing the sustainable development model, ALUMIL now becomes the first Greek company of architectural aluminium systems receiving the international Cradle to Cradle Certified® (C2C) Silver for a broad range of its products, validating their sustainability. More specifically, a total of 34 systems – including curtain walls, hinged & sliding doors and windows systems as well as a folding door system – received the C2C Certified® certification. This particularly important accreditation is the culmination of ALUMIL’s efforts and actions to consolidate a business strategy intertwined with the values of sustainability and circular economy.
Cradle to Cradle Certified® is the global standard for products that are safe, circular and responsibly made. Leading brands, retailers, designers and manufacturers across the value chain rely on the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard to ensure the impact of their products on people and the planet is a positive one. Through a thorough and complex evaluation process, ALUMIL received a Silver-level certification based on the following five criteria:
- Material Health: Determining the chemical composition of materials that constitute the product and ensuring materials are safe for humans and the environment.
- Product Circularity: Enabling a circular economy through regenerative products and process design.
- Clean Air & Climate Protection: Protecting clean air, promoting renewable energy and reducing harmful emissions.
- Water & Soil Stewardship: Safeguarding clean water and healthy soils.
- Social Fairness: Respecting human rights, contributing to a fair and equitable society and implementing fair working practices.
With Cradle to Cradle Certified® certification, ALUMIL opens new perspectives for participation in projects that comply with the principles of Sustainable Building and Bioclimatic Architecture, for “green” buildings with high energy efficiency. Above all, however, with this significant certification, ALUMIL takes another step towards the destination of “Construction Excellence”, which is inextricably linked to the sustainable development of the company and to its vision for a future where people and the environment will be in focus.